Juju Feather Hat - 20" - Grey
- Dimensions: Approx. 20" Dia.
- Color: Cream / White
- Made of: Hand Dyed Chicken Feathers / Raffia
- Made in: Cameroon
If you have purchased a stand (sold separately), the thread loop can be used on the u-shaped metal.
Did you know? For hundreds of years the Bamileke tribes have been creating these hats for their tribal chiefs, royal families and dignitaries to wear during tribal ceremonies. Often wearing them with the Elephant Mask or Mbap Mteng( black and white image below) which denotes power and wealth in its wearers. The hats are significant when an elder dies as it is passed down to the next in line who may inherit the wealth and standing of the person that has died. Juju hats are also worn during festivities and ceremonial dances.
Ngala Trading is proud to promote a curated selection of authentic designs featuring sustainable materials readily available from and across Africa.
- Due to the use of natural materials each piece is unique and may vary slightly from image shown. Please contact us prior to ordering if you have any questions or concerns about potential variations
- One-year peace-of-mind guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship
Shipping & Returns
We strive to deliver your purchase in the quickest and most economical way possible. Our team reviews every order individually, and determines the best shipping method taking into account destination, weight and size of items.
- Small packages ship via FedEx Ground from Hackensack, NJ
- Transit time for In Stock items is typically 3-5 days depending on Ship To address
- Shipments are sent fully insured, and require an adult signature at the time of delivery
Ngala Trading products offer more than just beauty and distinction...they offer a story. A story about the material, the people who made the product, and the cultural meaning of an otherwise function piece of decor. The essence of our brand is the story of Africa told through crafted design.