Juju Feather Hat - 20" - Black
Handmade by artisans in Cameroon, Juju hats are traditionally worn by village chiefs during celebrations as a symbol of status within their societies. Natural or dyed bird feathers are carefully hand sewn onto a raffia base, which spreads out into a huge circle. Feathers are associated with beauty and are a symbol of prosperity and wealth. These sought after hats are available in various colours, and can be displayed on stands or hung on a wall. Due to the nature of production methods and the use of natural materials, each product may vary slightly in both dimensions and coloring - we believe that these natural variations enhance the authenticity of each item.
- Dimensions: Approx. 20" Dia.
- Color: Black
- Made of: Hand Dyed Chicken Feathers / Raffia
- Made in: Cameroon
If you have purchased a stand (sold separately), the thread loop can be used on the u-shaped metal.
Did you know? Many traditional Bamileke still dress in costumes when performing a ceremonial dance or for tourists passing by. The costumes are rather large and typically cover the body from head to toe. Each society within the Bamileke have their own particular costumes and style of dance.
Ngala Trading is proud to promote a curated selection of authentic designs featuring sustainable materials readily available from and across Africa.
- Due to the use of natural materials each piece is unique and may vary slightly from image shown. Please contact us prior to ordering if you have any questions or concerns about potential variations
- One-year peace-of-mind guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship
Shipping & Returns
We strive to deliver your purchase in the quickest and most economical way possible. Our team reviews every order individually, and determines the best shipping method taking into account destination, weight and size of items.
- Small packages ship via FedEx Ground from Hackensack, NJ
- Transit time for In Stock items is typically 3-5 days depending on Ship To address
- Shipments are sent fully insured, and require an adult signature at the time of delivery
Ngala Trading products offer more than just beauty and distinction...they offer a story. A story about the material, the people who made the product, and the cultural meaning of an otherwise function piece of decor. The essence of our brand is the story of Africa told through crafted design.