Malawi Loveseat - Natural
An African decorating staple full of tradition, these beautiful chairs are made entirely by hand in rural Malawi and display great weaving craftsmanship passed from generation to generation. Each chair requires three to four days to create, and every chair is slightly different in shape and size.
Malawi chairs are handmade using rattan strips, which are woven into intricate patterns along the sides of the chairs and the seat. Rather than using glue, makers secure the strips with special knots. To create a curved barrel back, the artisans temporarily insert spare parts from cars and bicycles that guide them as they work.
- Approximate Dimensions: 43" W x 24" D x 33" H
- Color: Natural
- Made Of: Rattan
- Made In: Malawi
- Care: Indoor use only
Ngala Trading is proud to promote a curated selection of authentic designs featuring sustainable materials readily available from and across Africa.
- Indoor use only
- Due to the use of natural materials each piece is unique and may vary slightly from image shown. Please contact us prior to ordering if you have any questions or concerns about potential variations
- One-year peace-of-mind guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship
Shipping & Returns
We strive to deliver your purchase in the quickest and most economical way possible. Our team reviews every order individually, and determines the best shipping method taking into account destination, weight and size of items.
- Small packages ship via FedEx Ground from Hackensack, NJ
- Transit time for In Stock items is typically 3-5 days depending on Ship To address
- Large items ship palletized via motor freight from Hackensack, NJ
- Shipments are sent fully insured, and require an adult signature at the time of delivery
- White Glove Delivery is available for a surcharge. Please contact us for details
Ngala Trading offers a curated range of contemporary handcrafted furniture, lighting & home decor. Whether in the form of exotic materials or craft techniques passed down from generation-to-generation, Ngala Trading seeks to promote exceptional and unique design from artisans across the African continent.