From the language of the Zulu tribe meaning 'seed', the Imbewu chandelier ties stunning real imfibinga beads collected by the Zulu tribe with hand-wired umber gray down rod to create its unique luxury pattern. With two tiers of hand-gathered beading, each light fixture is completely unique due to the nature of materials used.
All hard-wired lighting is UL-listed for dry locations. Not suitable for outdoor use. 3 x 8" of 'umber grey' down rod and electrial cord supplied with each pendant. Due to the use of natural materials, each piece is unique and may vary slightly from image shown.
- Dimensions: 27" Dia. x 21" H
- Color: Natural / White / Umber Grey
- Made Of: Imfibinga Bead / Wood Bead / Powder Coated Steel
- Bulb: 5 x E12 Candelabra - 7W LED - Not Included
- Manufacturer: High Thorn
- Made In: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Stock Supported
Ngala Trading is proud to promote a curated selection of authentic designs featuring sustainable materials readily available from and across Africa.
- UL-listed for dry locations. Not suitable for outdoor use
- Due to the use of natural materials each piece is unique and may vary slightly from image shown. Please contact us prior to ordering if you have any questions or concerns about potential variations
- One-year peace-of-mind guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship
Shipping & Returns
We strive to deliver your purchase in the quickest and most economical way possible. Our team reviews every order individually, and determines the best shipping method taking into account destination, weight and size of items.
- Small packages ship via FedEx Ground from Hackensack, NJ
- Transit time for In Stock items is typically 3-5 days depending on Ship To address
- Large items ship palletized via motor freight from Hackensack, NJ
- Shipments are sent fully insured, and require an adult signature at the time of delivery
- White Glove Delivery is available for a surcharge. Please contact us for details
Installation and Care
Our handcrafted lighting are designed with quality materials and construction methods suitable for every day living - with regular care you will enjoy this storied piece for years to come.
- Chandelier arrives ready to hang hardwired into standard 4” x 4” junction box in ceiling
- Leather swags may need 15-20 minutes of styling to lay flat after transport; light steaming may also be required
- Wood and beads are a natural product and therefore susceptible to fading if exposed to direct sunlight or moisture
- Refer to installation instructions for full details
High Thorn specializes in handcrafted chandeliers and furniture made of natural materials with a focus on sustainability. Glass, wood, leather and seed pods are transformed into luxury statement pieces for the home by local artisans who specialize in leather crafting, wood carving, beadwork and glass baking.